New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the nation today through his monthly radio programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’. He extended his wishes on Dussehra and stated that it is also a festival of victory of patience over crises. He urged people to celebrate festivals with restraint and to remember the resolve of ‘vocal for local’ while shopping.
“Today is the festival of Vijay Dashmi, i.e. Dussehra. I extend my best wishes to all of you on this auspicious occasion. This festival of Dussehra is the festival of victory of truth over untruth. But at the same, it is also a festival of victory of patience over crises. Today, all of you are living with great restraint, celebrating festivals with modesty. Therefore, in the battle, we are fighting (against COVID-19), victory is certain,” Prime Minister said in ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
Here are some key points of his address in Mann Ki Baat:
• Dussehra is also a festival of victory of patience over crises. Today, all of you are living with great restraint, celebrating festivals with modesty. Therefore, in the COVID-19 battle, we are fighting, victory is certain.
• This time, amid the enthusiasm of the festival, when you go shopping make sure to remember your resolve of ‘vocal for local.’ When purchasing goods from market give priority to local products.
• Salute to our brave-heart soldiers who are firmly stationed on our borders in the line of duty.
• World taking note of India’s products, One major example is the popularity of Khadi.
• When we take pride in our own things, the world’s curiosity around them also grows. Just like our spirituality, Yoga, Ayurveda has attracted the whole world. Many of our indigenous sports also attract attention the world over.
• Let us continue the efforts towards national integration. At every moment we have to carry forward the entire spectrum of values that unite us.
• Unity is Power, Unity is strength, Unity is Progress, Unity is Empowerment, United we will scale new heights.
• On October 31, we lost former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. I respectfully offer tributes to her.