Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday released its manifesto for the Bihar Assembly Elections 2020. The manifesto, titled ‘Paanch sutra, ek lakshya, 11 sankalp’, was released by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Patna.
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the party believes in “fulfilling poll promises.” “As soon as the COVID-19 vaccine will be available for production at a mass scale, every person in Bihar will get free vaccination. This is the first promise mentioned in our poll manifesto,” she added. “Bihar’s growth will be an integral part of India’s growth,” she said, requesting voters to extend support to the NDA chief ministerial candidate Nitish Kumar.
Here are the top promises made by the BJP in its manifesto
* 19 lakh job opportunities
* Free Covid-19 vaccination for all in Bihar
* 3 lakh new teachers’ appointments
* 1 lakh jobs in health sector
* Making Bihar an IT hub to generate 1 0 lakh jobs
* To operationalize Darbhanga AIIMS by 2024
* Houses for 30 lakh people in urban and rural areas
* Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia for the kin if a migrant labourer dies suddenly in another state
* Job and Rs 25 lakh for the family of a soldier who lays down life for the nation